Monday, June 29, 2009

Anna Sui for Target












"Fashion designer Anna Sui will create a new Gossip Girl-inspired collection for Target, for girls who like to dress as Brooklynite characters Jenny Humphrey, played by Taylor Momsen, and Vanessa Abrams, Jessica Szohr, because they have a similar background to her.

I love the punk-rock style of Jenny," the designer admitted at ACRIA's "Unframed" event. "And she has the bangs, just like me! I relate to her style most [because] I was the Brooklyn girl in high school."
But she will not make styles to Blake Lively's Serena character or Leighton Meester's Blair Waldorf, she answers,
"Blair is very girly and has very girly clothes. That's very much like my line as well."
The line will be available in the Fall 2009, and is the first discount line for the A-list fashion guru.
My line is now going to be available to girls all over and at a price people can easily afford. I think it's a really good thing, especially with what's going on in the economy."
The collection will launch on Target.com and at 500 Target stores nationwide September 13, 2009.
The affordable fashion collection will be available through October 17, 2009.

Source The Insider

No comments: